This page is dedicated to helping you write letters to your love.
Here’s the practical advice blog posting: Love Notes Made Easy
If you have an idea not on the list, feel free to share in the comments. I’m always on the lookout myself.
Topics – things you can write about
- Songs - Many men turn to music to express themselves. If a song says it like you wanted to say it, tell her. Write the specific lyric and tell her why it says it all for you. Here’s a list of some good love songs.
- Inspiration - What has she inspired you to do, to become, or get better at? Tell her if shes boosted your confidence, or made you feel like a hero.
- What you love about her – Her smile, her curves, her laugh, her smarts, her cookies. Whatever it is, tell her why.
- How she makes you feel – Does your heart skip a beat when you see her? Do you break out in a sweat at the mere thought of her? Write it down! She’ll love to know the effect she has on you.
- Where would you be without her – Tell her how much better life is with her than without her. Its a good reminder to yourself too!
- I missed you - If you’re apart for any time, tell her how you felt when she was gone.
- Special Occasions - Birthday, anniversary, Christmas, whatever it may be, document your feelings with a note. Be reflective, mention how you’ve grown over the last year, or how your love has grown over the 5 birthdays you’ve celebrated together.
- The Future – Tell her how you see your future together. Remind her that you’re in it for the long haul.
- What you plan to improve on – Tell her that because you love her you plan to improve X. What ever X is for you. Maybe its patience, weight loss, more frequent kisses, or being on time. Be sure to tell her that she’s integral to your improvement.
- An event – Tell her about how much fun you had with her camping, or at the concert, or the rodeo.
Famous Love Letters – for more idea generation
- Love letters of Emma & Joseph
- Ronald Reagan to Nancy Reagan
- Napoleon Bonaparte to Josephine
- The Wednesday Letters letter listing
- Richard Feynman to his late wife
- Johnny Cash to his wife June Carter
- Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain) to his wife Olivia
- Artist, Rockwell Kent to his wife Frances
- Union Soldier, Sullivan Ballou to his wife Sarah
- A True Lovers Knot
- Another from Ronald Reagan to Nancy Reagan
- More links to come. Post your favorite in the comments section!
- Me and You – Kenny Chesney
- Nothin’ on You – B.O.B & Bruno Mars
- Thought I Loved You Then – Brad Paisley
- Let’s Get it On – Marvin Gaye
- Just the Way You Are – Bruno Mars
- More to come. Post your favorite in the comments section!